Every handyman has their favorite tools they use for their job.
A Handyman is a person skilled at a wide range of repairs, typically for individuals or groups at residential or commercial locations. These tasks include trade skills, repair work, maintenance work etc.
So in order to get most of these jobs completed, it’s important that these tools are always in their work truck.
Below is a list of 15 important handyman tools and how they help to get the job done.
- Claw Hammer– A claw hammer not only pounds in nails, but removes them, too. It’s perfectly useful in all sorts of situations.
- Tape Measure– Accuracy is incredibly important to a handyman. More accuracy equals efficiency, and therefore less time and energy wasted. Keeping a 25-foot tape measure on hand at all times paves the way to amazing workmanship.
- Level– Even though most smartphones already have an app with a level, a real level is the best way to go. As was previously mentioned, accuracy is key, and a level will provide that accuracy. No more uneven shelving!
- Adjustable Wrench– This handy tool will come to your rescue more times than you’ll be able to count. It’s especially useful if you don’t have too much room to operate. Plus, the adjustable wrench can take the place of a few other tools all by itself
- Cable/Zip Ties– Super easy to use and just as easy to snip and remove if you don’t need them anymore. Fun fact: they also make great space organizers when it comes to bundling wires.
- Cordless Drill- Charge one of these drills up and get to work! They’re powerful, battery operated, and can insert or remove screws at the press of a button.
- Duct Tape– You’ve probably heard before that duct tape can do anything. No need to question that- it’s 100% true. Versatile and incredibly durable, duct tape for the win!
- Extension Cord– In the event that a power tool must be plugged in, an extension cord will allow you to move about however and wherever you need. They’re an investment you won’t ever regret.
- Screwdrivers– You simply cannot be a proper handyman without a set of screwdrivers. Flat Head, Philips Head, etc. Get yourself a nice set of screwdrivers, and you will be unstoppable. Extra points if the screwdrivers are magnetic.
- Utility Knife– Careful! Utility knives are super sharp, but that’s what makes them the perfect tool. Good for cutting just about anything, utility knives will come in handy when you need to quickly cut or mark something.
- Saw– Whether it’s a handsaw, jab saw, hacksaw, or power saw, you just unarguably need them. If you’re replacing drywall or cutting lumber to size, you’ll be beyond thankful to yourself for having them.
- Pliers– These little guys will save you all the frustration that you’d otherwise have. They’re useful for twisting, cutting, and holding wires or cables in place. You can also more easily handle sheet metal with pliers.
- Putty Knife– Scrape off the old and spread on the new. Putty knives come in all different sizes, so no matter the size of the job, you’ll always have the help you need.
- Tool Box– Now, this might go without saying, but a tool box will give you some serious peace of mind. If you’ve invested in high quality tools and can’t stand to see them scattered about, it’s time to get a nice tool box. No more lugging around unorganized, unprotected tools.
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)– Lastly, but certainly most importantly, you must have your own PPE. Goggles, a helmet, safety vest, work gloves, ear protection, etc. Let’s face it- accidents happen even if you’re wearing your PPE. However, you’ll have a higher rate of survival/minimal injury when you properly protect yourself on the job.
There you have it!
Equipment that is vital to the success of a handyman.
This essential equipment is intended to make the job easier, whatever you’re working on. Having only a hammer and wrench is a decent start, but the more extensive/involved the project is, the more you’ll be considering investing in the helpful equipment discussed above. With them in your arsenal, you’ll know exactly what you will need to get the job done with the utmost ease.
Needless to say, for professional handyman services, such as T/M Maintenance in Columbia, SC, the list of equipment goes on and on. Feel free to ask us about our services and equipment by filling out a request here.
But you- are you missing any of these equipment essentials?